Yei Teacher Training College was founded in 2001 to improve the quality of primary school teaching in South Sudan by offering comprehensive pre-service and in-service training courses.
The college has students from all ten states in South Sudan as well as the Nuba Mountains. We offer these students a high standard of tuition which is accredited by the University of Kyambogo, Uganda and certified by South Sudan’s Ministry of General Education and Instruction (MoGE&I).
What does our teacher training involve?
YTTC goes beyond offering traditional teacher training courses such as Language, Sciences, Mathematics, Social Studies and Professional Education Studies, to offering life skills subjects like Art and Crafts, Music, Information and Communication Technology etc. They may also take part in extra-curricular activities such as sports competitions, debate club or join the YTTC marching brass band.
All of this gives our student teachers an experience which will inspire them, encouraging them to work towards building something similar for the coming generations they will teach.
The college has recently undergone significant expansion and development with enrolment having grown from 200 to 300 students at any one time.
Yei Teacher Training College also offers:
- In-service teacher and education leadership & management training courses (please contact the college for further information)
- Short-term courses open to the public, available on request
- Teacher Training & Education-related Consultancy
- Workshop and conference facilities
Our Vision, Motto, Mission, Core Values & Objectives
“Quality Education for Change and Development”
“Strive for Excellence”
Centre for excellence for development of professionals through provision of relevant skills, knowledge, values and attitudes for change and development .
Our Core Values
- Transparency & Accountability
- Co-operation and Teamwork
- Mutual Respect
- Gender Sensitivity
- Quality In All Our Work
- Christian Values
- To establish a consistent quality teacher education and training program and to develop the capacity and expertise to sustain and continously improve it.
- To improve the performance of teachers and quality of teaching in the primary schools.
- To initiate courses in response to the learning needs of the people of South Sudan.
- To develop pedagogical concepts and practices and to integrate cross-cutting themes of national development (e.g Peace, Democracy, etc) under a christian perspective.
- To contribute to the development of the educational system at local and national levels.